Sunday, February 24, 2008

Scanning myself...

When i first started this blog, i didnt know what to write about. I started writing about formula one racing, the one passion i seemed to grow inside me for long time now. Then i moved on to interviews, my friends had endless queries on how to crack an interview!! I wrote two whole posts dedicated to interview alone. After that i never seemed to have enough time to write anything as such. Its not that i dont have anything to write on... Anyways i promise to write at least one post every week... ahem... the lazy couch potato inside is poking me... fine fine... once a month. I promise to post at least one post every month & this i will deliver. Now coming back to posts... I' was not posting anything but i was regularly checking some famous blogs like youthcurry & Aamir Khan's blog. Today i've decided to write something about myself taking a cue from some friends who have done the same. Lets say i'm scanning myself...

What kind of a person am i?? I'm a confident, cool n carefree person. I dont believe in having utopian dreams at all. Rather i believe in aiming something and actually getting it. Not that i dont have dreams.... but they are strangely realistic. I believe in actually achieving small practical achievable dreams rather that dreaming about achieving something really big & beyond my immediate reach. Bottomline is this, I'm a practical minded fella. Yes I did fail myself sometimes but i found out what wrong i did & have gained enough experience from that. I keep talking about efficiency & i really believe in it. My mom would never actually see me studying for a long time... but does that really mean i dont study much? Hmmm... I practice trying to be efficient in my real life... I believe in doing good in something i really like & ignore all others almost totally. May be that's why i regret remaining a mediocre student all my life. But i'm happy with what i'm. If i have achieved something till now, i did with my heart & mind in it... I never tried too hard for anything, it came naturally to me. I didnt force myself to do anything i didnt like at all. I am a throughly patient individual and no i dont need to be in a hospital bed to be that. I believe in forgiving and forgetting, may be not totally but to a certain extent; yes i do. I keep very few friends as close company and strangely that is also part of me believing in efficiency. I believe a few very good friends is better than having a 1000 not-so-close ones. Another reason for keeping a few friends is because am a bit shy kind of person. But i really dont want to be shy. I hate to be in limelight, coz i hate that kind of attention, but i really wish i could make more quality friends...

No matter how much i might deny, i know deep within that i'm a geek. I cant live without a computer. Thank god i didnt take English Hons. after my XII. It would have been like Katrina Kaif teaching karate in a school. Hell i would have liked to be in that school... Jokes apart i'm really happy that i'm going to be part of the IT bandwagon. Its one of those practical dreams come to life. You cant expect better things in life that getting what you actually wanted. A computer is like my daily dose of oxygen. I have always been interested in computer science as a subject from my early days when i was first introduced to a strange looking box shaped 8086 machine. Gone are the days when i used to watch TV, i can watch everything and more in my computer itself. No wonder a friend of mine mentioned in my orkut testimonial that a computer is the 21st century "idiot box". And oh yeah am so damn proud of being a couch potato for it. But strangely i dont even come close to looking like a potato. Damn! i need a makeover i guess... I'm tired of people calling me "slim". I want to be strong, a macho, a hulk...okay fine not a hulk, but still i want to look stronger than what i'm now.

Enough said while scanning my inner self. I know there are a lot more i can write about, but i dont want to. I want my true friends to act as mirrors and show my faults. I am always open to ideas on how to improve myself. I would like to end this post with a SMS a friend once sent :

Zindegi ek raat hain,
Na jaane inme kitne khwab hain,
Jo mil gaya wo apna hain,
Jo tut gaya wo sapna hai...

~~~Lots of love~~~

6 comments:

Unknown said...

never knew sooo much abt u!!!!!

such a kewl and funny fella,but so much thoughts stuffed inside,i wonder why he doesn't burst out!!!jokes apart,its quite an eyeopener;the type of things which forces one to think abt their own life and wonder......keep it up dude!!!!!

happy said...

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams,i know u only sine 16th dec(hey i know d date).....but still i have deep faith in ur self........
This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, sunsets to warm your heart, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth.....hope i'll read more frm ur side soon.......

jyotika said...

hey debankar...it's ur best write write up....
i really enjoyed readin it...!it is so close to what u actually are:)had to be coz u don fake things!!beautifully written....n ur wiritn also shows how clear u r wid urself n how systematic u r...the way u have put ur thoughts on d paper is soo systematic!!
gr8 job done!!
would love to have more dan 1 every mnth 4m u!!1 would be too less yaar:)

broca's area said...

"I believe a few very good friends is better than having a 1000 not-so-close ones"...thts my philosophy too..thanks for reminding me this!:)

Unknown said...

hey debankar wat 2 say its a ausum collection although ur a new frnf but stil i thnk i hve got a vry gud 1 who had had such hidden talents in him.keep in touch n hope 2 c u soon

Paarul Bansal said...

The most difficult thing to do in life is being true to oneself, and if u can do that, u'll be content wth wt u have! U r one of those rare Homo-sapiens(lol) who know wt their limits are, wt they really want out of life, wt is within their reach n who have the passion to reach their dream, no matter wt may happen! Instead of saying,"wow, wonderful post" i would rather say "The most inspiring post, i have ever come across"...
You are a true pragmatist(in true sense of the world)!!! i am sure u r totally unfamiliar to this 5 letter word: 'Pride'! And that is what makes u extremely special!
Cheers!
I wouldnt say, "Deb, always be the way you are", coz i know that you will always be...
Loads of Good luck for everything in future :)
-Pablo ;)